If I speak...
1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am
only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all
knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love,
I am nothing.
3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the
flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is
5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it
keeps no record of wrongs.
6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where
there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will
9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
10. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I
reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
12. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face
to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully
13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of
these is love.
1 Corinthians 13